• Our next 14U tournament is on Sunday, March 9, @ Farrington; be there no later than 1:00 pm.
• Congratulations to our Lokahi 14U Red team for going undefeated to win a 14U tourney championship at BYUH this past Saturday, March 1st. Winning the championship of a 14U tournament in only their third tournament since playing as 12U last season is a nice accomplishment. Our Gold team came within one match of making the final an all Lokahi affair. Let's get the girls to practice so they can keep improving. See the calendar for details.
• Two weekends ago, after much scrambling, we were told that the Region never received our tournament entries, and at that late hour we could only get one team into a tournament. Our 14U Red team played well but not consistently enough, so finished third at Farrington on Feb 23.
• The girls did well in our first tournament on Feb 15; The 14U Red missed the championship by a mere two point differential and the 14U Gold finished second in their pool and 6th out of 9 overall.
• Thanks to Wendi for getting our 14U additional gym practice time during basketball season and for taking care of all the logistics that involved. The value of that shows in the girls' play.
• This season's uniforms look great! Thanks to Scott and Ku'ulei for arranging for those uniforms. Now our teams better play as good as they look.
• All registration with Lokahi for the 2013 - 2014 season has ended.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured above. To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!