• 14U Regionals: Gold @ FHS 4/25 be there NLT 7:30a; Red @ McK 4/25 be there NLT 7:30a.
• 14U Red & Gold @ McKinley on April 19: Red took 3rd in a.m.; Gold 7th in p.m.
• 14U Red finished third at BYUH on Saturday April 11; second in pool by one point.
• April 5 Easter tournament cancelled due to insufficient opponents.
• 14U tournaments at KVG on March 22; Red won the morning tournament; Gold was 5th in the afternoon. 12U was 6th at Farrington on March 21.
• 14U Red did well in scrimmages with AZ teams at RHS on March 16, defeating their 16U and leading before losing to their 18U, 26-28.
• 14U Gold took 3rd @ Palama on March 14. 14U Red won convincingly @ McKinley on March 15.
• Lokahi 12U finished 7th @ Kalihi Valley Gym (KVG) on March 15.
• Our 14U Red Team won the Farrington tournament on Saturday, March 7; our Gold Team finished 4th.
• Even with both Teams short-handed, our 14U Gold Team took 3rd in their pool of 5 teams, scoring at least 21 points against every opponent, and our 14U Red team won their pool and came in 2nd overall, losing 29-31 in the championship at McKinley on Saturday, Feb 28.
• Our 14U Red Team, once again augmented, won both their pools but lost in the championships so finished second in their Feb 21 tournament at BYUH. They competed hard all day long, finishing at 7:30 p.m., so can hold their heads up.
• Congratulations to the augmented 14U Red Team for winning the Feb 14 tournament at KVG, going undefeated in the process.
• Check this site's Calendar regularly for when and where there will be practice.
• 14UTT fundraising work for Sodexo continues. Sign up online to participate! Personnel reporting times are shown on our Calendar and are kept current. All whose daughters will travel to the mainland with the 14UTT during the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14UTT.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!
Registration has closed for this season; no additional members will be accepted. Go here for details.