• Our 14U and younger registration will close after November 22; no 14U will be accepted after that date.
• The start of Saturday practices has been moved back to 6 p.m. Additional practices, due to gym availability, will be held on Sundays, 2-4 p.m for 14UTT (14U Travel Teams) and 12U; 4-6 p.m. for all others. With the beginning of OIA basketball season, gym availability will be fluid so check regularly for when and whether there will be any practice. Note that beginning the last week of November, RHS practices shown on our Calendar are tentative because we do not yet know the RHS practice schedules.
• The 14UTT will begin additional practices on Monday nights from 6-9 pm at MVC beginning Dec 1. See the Calendar
• Our second wave of fundraising at the SSC is underway. Sign up with Jackie to help! Personnel reporting times are shown on the Calendar and are kept current.
• All those intending that their daughters travel with the 14UTT in the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14UTT.
• After registering with Lokahi, also register online with the USAV. Go to these links: Returning Players or New Players. Be sure to select Lokahi VBC as your team. If you are new, send a copy of the player's birth certificate to USAV Aloha Region commissioner Kent Ma at the address shown here. If you are a member of the 14U Travel Teams (14UTT) then also register with the AAU; links are: Returning Players and New Players. The AAU cost is additional but just $14.00 per player.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!