• Registration has closed for this season; no additional members will be accepted for this season. Go here for details.
• Check our Calendar regularly for when and whether there will be any practice. The 14UTT (only) have begun additional practices on Monday nights from 6-9 pm at MVC. Some additional practices, due to gym availability, will be held on Sundays, 2-4 p.m for 14UTT and 12U; 4-6 p.m. for all others. With the beginning of OIA basketball season, gym availability will be fluid so note that beginning the last week of November, practices shown at RHS are tentative because we do not yet know specific RHS schedules.
• Our 14UTT workday at the Honolulu Marathon was fun and rewarding! We look forward to doing it again next season.
• Sale of Dave & Buster's Powercards is ongoing, as is promotion of D&B's Spirit Night on Dec 30.
• Our fundraising work at the SSC continues. Sign up online to help! Personnel reporting times are shown on our Calendar and are kept current.
• Work to provide New Year's sashimi platters to family and friends (only) is also ongoing.
• All those intending that their daughters travel with the 14UTT in the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14UTT.
• After registering with Lokahi, also register online with the USAV. Go to these links: Returning Players or New Players. Be sure to select Lokahi VBC as your team. If you are new, send a copy of the player's birth certificate to USAV Aloha Region commissioner Kent Ma at the address shown here. If you are a member of the 14UTT (then also register with the AAU; links are: Returning Players and New Players. The AAU cost is additional but just $14.00 per player.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!