• Use your Foodland Maika'i card (sign up is free)to donate to the 14U mainland travel fund at any Foodland, Sack and Save, or Foodland Farms store statewide during the month of September. All donations are fully tax-deductible. Designate your donation to organization code 78765. Foodland and Western Union will match a portion of your (up to $249) donation.
• We began fundraising at SSC on August 29 for travel next season. Mahalo to all those who pitched in and helped to make it more like fun than work; let's keep it up! All those intending to travel are required to pitch in; all benefit goes to the teams that travel. Note that the group report times shown on the Calendar have been corrected.
• Congratulations and best wishes for a successful season to all the many Lokahi players who've been selected to play for their schools. We look forward to seeing you play and to your return to Lokahi after your school season ends.
• Our 14U Red and Gold teams both gained much valuable experience and knowledge from their first-ever mainland tournament, the Volleyball Festival in Phoenix, Arizona. They competed well, with the Red Team winning their division and the Gold team narrowly missing winning theirs. Visit the Gallery to view photos and video excerpts.
• Go here to learn about Lokahi Volleyball this summer.
• Our 14U Red Team, with a couple of Gold team replacements for those who couldn't play, won the June 7 tournament at Farrington, winning 7 straight games after dropping the first two.
• Despite missing two of their normal starters, our 14U Red Team still won their pool but then lost the championship set to finish second overall at Farrington on Mother's Day.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!
Registration with Lokahi for the 2013-2014 season has ended. If you are interested in playing with us next season, our Summer Program is your next opportunity. Go here to learn more.