• Our 14U Red and Gold teams both gained much valuable experience and knowledge from their first-ever mainland tournament, the Volleyball Festival in Phoenix, Arizona. They competed well, with the Red Team winning their division and the Gold team narrowly missing winning theirs. Visit the Gallery to view photos and video excerpts.
• Go here to learn about Lokahi Volleyball this summer.
• Our 14U Red Team, with a couple of Gold team replacements for those who couldn't play, won the June 7 tournament at Farrington, winning 7 straight games after dropping the first two.
• Despite missing two of their normal starters, our 14U Red Team still won their pool but then lost the championship set to finish second overall at Farrington on Mother's Day.
• The youth and relative inexperience of our 14U teams - not one girl is actually 14 years old and this is only the second season for them - caught up with us in the Regionals. Still, the girls played hard and the Red finished near the top of the Silver, while the Gold made the Bronze, avoiding the Copper.
• On April 13 @ McKinley our 14U Red team won their first round pool, then swept the second round gold pool to win the tournament championship, their second in a row. Our 14U Gold team won the second round bronze pool.
• Our 14U Red team played a great championship set to go undefeated and win the April 6 tournament at Kalihi Valley. That set was close and exciting with our girls pulling away at the end to win it.
• March 29 was another topsy-turvy weekend with site and time changes resulting in our 14U Red team finishing second and our 14U Gold again saving their best for last, to win their last set of the day.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!
Registration with Lokahi for the 2013-2014 season has ended. If you are interested in playing with us next season, our Summer Program is your next opportunity. Go here to learn more.