• Practices on Saturday evening are set to resume. With the onset of basketball season, gym availability will be fluid so check regularly for when and whether there will be practice.
• MAHALO to all who took the time to help with our beach cleaning fundraiser. We left the area much cleaner than we found it. The beach house picnic was great fun for our 14U girls and very enjoyable for their parents. Thanks to everyone for pitching in at the picnic, from bringing and cooking all the delicious food to helping to leave the house as beautiful and clean as when we arrived.
• Our 14U and younger trial period is in full swing. We will require that the 14U commit starting November 15th and close registration to any further 14U on the 22nd. Go here to see the USAV Aloha Region try-out policy (depending on age) and see our Calendar and the main Lokahi site for how those dates translate into trial and commitment periods for all Juniors at Lokahi.
• Fundraising by selling "Passports" for Festivals of Giving at both the Ward Center and the Windward Mall is continuing. Contact Jackie to pick up Passports to sell. You can also pre-sell your Passports, during the days of the Farmer's Market at the Windward Mall. See the Calendar for dates and times; sign up with Jackie. We will also be manning tables at both of those locations during the second weekend in November.
• All those intending that their daughters travel with the 14U in the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14U teams that travel.
• Our month's break from fundraising at the SSC is coming to an end. Get ready to resume by checking with Jackie to see when you can help! Personnel reporting times are shown on the Calendar and are kept current.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!