• Even with both Teams short-handed, our 14U Gold Team took 3rd in their pool of 5 teams, scoring at least 21 points against every opponent, and our 14U Red team won their pool and came in 2nd overall, losing 29-31 in the championship at McKinley on Saturday, Feb 28.
• Our 14U Red Team, once again augmented, won both their pools but lost in the championships so finished second in their Feb 21 tournament at BYUH. They competed hard all day long, finishing at 7:30 p.m., so can hold their heads up.
• Congratulations to the augmented 14U Red Team for winning the Feb 14 tournament at KVG, going undefeated in the process.
• For January and February, the 14UTT (only) will practice on most Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9 pm, at MVC. SHA gym will also be available Mondays and Wednesdays during February for other Lokahi teams. The 14UTT will practice at SHA only on Monday February 16 (6-8 pm) when MVC will be closed. Check our Calendar regularly for when and where there will be practice. With the resumption of week night and Saturday evening RHS practices, we will no longer practice on Sundays.
• Our fundraising work for Sodexo continues. Sign up online to help! Personnel reporting times are shown on our Calendar and are kept current.
• All whose daughters will travel to the mainland with the 14UTT during the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14UTT.
• Registration has closed for this season; no additional members will be accepted. Go here for details.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!