• Plan for a long weekend in the gyms this coming Saturday & Sunday, April 26/27, for the 14U Regional Championship tournament.
• Congratulations to our 18U team for finishing third in the silver bracket of their Regional Championships.
• On April 13 @ McKinley our 14U Red team won their first round pool, then swept the second round gold pool to win the tournament championship, their second in a row. Our 14U Gold team won the second round bronze pool.
• Our 14U Red team played a great championship set to go undefeated and win the April 6 tournament at Kalihi Valley. That set was close and exciting with our girls pulling away at the end to win it.
• Additional practices for the 14U who signed up will begin at MVC on April 2; see the calendar for details.
• March 29 was another topsy-turvy weekend with site and time changes resulting in our 14U Red team finishing second and our 14U Gold again saving their best for last, to win their last set of the day.
• Our 14U Gold team finished strong on March 23, winning 3 of their last 4 sets; the Red team did the opposite, losing their last three but still managed to finish 2nd.
• Both our 14U teams went home feeling good after winning their last set in the crossover portion of the tournament on Sunday, March 9, @ Farrington, with the Red team taking third and the Gold team, even though without a key player, defeating Lanikai White, which earlier had forfeited rather than play our Red team.
• Congratulations to our Lokahi 14U Red team for going undefeated to win a 14U tourney championship at BYUH this past Saturday, March 1st. Winning the championship of a 14U tournament in only their third tournament since playing as 12U last season is a nice accomplishment. Our Gold team came within one match of making the final an all Lokahi affair.
• After much scrambling, we were told that the Region never received our Feb 22 tournament entries; at that late hour we could only get one team into a tournament. Our 14U Red team played well but not consistently enough, so finished third at Farrington on Feb 23.
• The girls did well in our first tournament on Feb 15; The 14U Red missed the championship by a mere two point differential and the 14U Gold finished second in their pool and 6th out of 9 overall.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!
Registration with Lokahi for the 2013-2014 season has ended. If you are interested in playing with us next season, our Summer program is your next opportunity. Check back with us in July for more info.