• The 14UTT have a third pizza 'night' scheduled for Tuesday, February 3. Please encourage your family and friends to have a Pizza Hut pizza meal that day. Contact any of the 14U for the flyer needed to be able to credit your purchase to Lokahi.
• The 14UTT have applied to enter the USAV Aloha Region tournament(s) on February 7. More to follow.
• Thanks to all who brought the yummy food to the in-house tournament. It was fun, and congratulations to the 14U Red for finishing second to the men, and to the 12U and 16U who tied for third.
• Mahalo to all those who signed up to volunteer at the Great Aloha Run. More details will be given out in the coming weeks.
• For January and February, the 14UTT (only) will practice on most Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-9 pm, at MVC. Check our Calendar regularly for when and whether there will be any RHS practice. Some RHS practices, due to gym availability, will be held on Sundays, 2-4 p.m for 14UTT and 12U; 4-6 p.m. for all others. With the beginning of OIA basketball season, gym availability will be fluid so note that practices shown at RHS are tentative because we do not yet know specific RHS schedules.
• Our fundraising work for Sodexo continues. Sign up online to help! Personnel reporting times are shown on our Calendar and are kept current.
• All whose daughters will travel to the mainland with the 14UTT during the 2015 season are required to help work fundraisers; all benefit goes to the 14UTT.
• Registration has closed for this season; no additional members will be accepted. Go here for details.
Since its founding in 1970, Lokahi Volleyball Club has essentially been an adult club. While Lokahi has and still does welcome, without tryouts, all who wish to learn and are willing to work for it, our status as an adult club has in the past meant that those few juniors who did join became members of our adult teams and played in adult tournaments. Beginning in the 2011-2012 season, Lokahi saw an influx of players who were then 11 years old or younger, so a team of 11U players was formed to play in a league. That nucleus of girls returned for the 2012-2013 season and several newcomers joined them. Now with sufficient numbers of girls in the same age groups, Lokahi formed junior teams and, for the first time, entered junior teams in age group tournaments throughout an entire season.
The girls forming those historic inaugural Junior teams are pictured below.
To briefly learn more about the Lokahi Volleyball Club, go here.
We are now truly LOKAHI with members of all ages from Youths to Seniors.
This site is dedicated to the Lokahi Juniors and it is linked to the main Lokahi Volleyball Club site that has been developed subsequently to this site. That main site now contains how-to-join and contact info and forms, etc. Go there to download forms. Return completed forms to the Lokahi administrator.
Mahalo and Aloha!
Lokahi Volleyball Club pursues its Mission and Vision as a non-profit entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. We welcome donations in support of our Junior Girls; please contact us if you wish to do so. Mahalo for your kokua!